Friday, June 8, 2012

To Enthuse or Not Enthuse...

... that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler to only write posts on things I adore(d) or to make myself also write posts about musics that just didn't make that much of an impression on me...

You may or may not have noticed its been a while since I wrote anything- In reality my last post was about hillside excitement, but at some point it will likely appear that my last post was about the Joel Plaskett show... that would technically be untrue, but I have a bit of a habit of pre-dating posts to match when the concert actually happened.

I won't talk too much about the actual show here, not with specifics anyhow, but I did want to mention some... difficulties I had with it. Well, not with the show itself, but with my reaction to it- I enjoyed myself, sure, but just a regular amount. There were bits I liked and bits I wasn't so fond of. I didn't feel the need to rush out at intermission and buy the albums, but I didn't feel disappointed either. The show was good, it was fine. But how do you write about that?

With difficulty, thats how.

With weeks and weeks of putting it off, and putting it off again, then putting it off some more... I'll get to it (or may have gotten to it by the time you're reading this) but it was a bit of a slog. When there isn't an insane excitement or a major disapointment driving the writing, its sooo much more difficult to assemble your thoughts...

But who am I to complain? Summer is upon us and the warm weather concert season is swiftly approaching. The upcoming weeks will bring not only hillside, Wolfe Island, Bluesfest and Folkfest, but One-offs by Library Voices, Robots!Everywhere!, Said the Whale, and many many more...Who knows, I might even get to be a follow spot op for a show or two! So expect the next couple of months to be full or reviews (good, bad, and yes, even so so) rants, raves and ramblings.

Summer concert season, here I come!


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow I just found my review of the Joel Plaskett concert- apparently I had blocked it from my mind as the lighting for the first half was the most painfully awful lighting I have ever seen at a concert. EVER. Review up shortly, sorry about the delay!

    ReplyDelete